Friday, December 9, 2016

Fireplaces in kitchens

I love old kitchens.

If we could afford it I would get modern replicas of old appliances to have in the kitchen.

But what I would really like is a fireplace in the kitchen.
Not just for looks, but one you would sit around while you eat. or do home-work or have a cup of coffee (tea).












A lot of the modern kitchen designs with fireplaces have the fireplaces, it seems, more for looks than function. Often not any where near where someone would sit and enjoy it.

At least not anywhere 'close' where you could use it with out moving the chairs from where you want them.















Nope, you have to be able to stay at the table to take advantage of the fireplace, or having something that works just as well.

While not my favorite design, it comes close.













Yep, I would love to have an old kitchen.




No comments:

Post a Comment