Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I had the pleasure. .

I had the pleasure of attending the gallery opening for works by Bryan Haynes, and I had a great time.

I arrived at the opening shortly after it started and stayed about an hour just enjoying the works.

Bryan's work in some ways can be compared to Thomas Hart Benton's in it's style, with very many unique touches definitely his own.
I found myself comparing many of the faces to works by J. C. Leyendecker.

If you have an artist you enjoy, you can get so much more out of their work if every once in a while you can get close to some of the paintings.

Bryan's work ranged from fairly small, maybe 9" X 18', to fairly large, like the one in this photo, 40" X 60".
What I enjoy most about his work is the fact that I am very familiar with many of the areas and subjects he paints about.
I didn't get to talk to Bryan as much as I would have liked to about a couple of his works. But that's OK, he was having a very busy evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment