Saturday, February 1, 2014

A real brew, ha, ha

If you have followed this blog for more than a couple of episodes you will know that when I have time to myself I enjoy going to the cabin and then maybe going for a drive down back country roads.
And to end the day, I like to stop at my 'local' for a pint or two. (Never more than two)

Well this past weekend I was able to accomplish this.

First stop, the cabin, where I spent a big part of the afternoon just doing cleaning chores.


Next stop was a local Welsh-ish pub I don't get to frequent near as much as I would like. Which is probably a good thing.

My first of two un-required pints is usually the one on the center tapper handle. Fuller's ESB. I really like just about everything Fuller does, but I think that is my favorite.

Usually for my second round I like to try something different if they have something new on tap.

This time I went with one the hostess recommended, and it came looking like this;

Being hard of hearing and weak of constitution I actually ended up thinking I was drinking the beer etched on the glass, which would have been Leinenkugel's Big Eddy. Which I came to find out later has several different types of Big Eddy beer.

But after a little further discussion with the hostess I found I was actually drinking something entirely un-etched on the glass.

Apparently Lagunitas had trouble meeting a quota for a certain batch and had to come up with a new beer to send out while brewing more. And they came up with Laganitas Sucks.
Here is what they say about it; Originally brewed in 2011 as a Brown Shugga’ substitute, due to construction-induced capacity issues. But we liked it so much it had to make a return trip.

Yea, that's right. Sucks.

It was the closest I have had to a home brew from a major brewer. And it is also, for one with a bad smeller, the first beer that had an aroma for me. An aroma very different from the taste. But both really worked. I hope I can find it again.

So here it is turned around so it is not mislabeled.



Photo's are from my IPAD, me trying to be Johnny Bling.


No comments:

Post a Comment