Thursday, July 24, 2014

Always enough food. . .

My brother is never one to cook a little when a lot will do just as well.
This past weekend was no exception.
His oldest boy was turning 40.
Well, at least I think that was the reason. See, I broke my foot on the same day 40 years ago, so we my have been celebrating that.
But, anyway.

This year he planned a crawdad and shrimp feast for the occasion. The TV chef Emeril is one of his culinary role models, so there is always a little (or in some cases a lot) of Cajun influence.
And you can't get much more colorful than a craw-dad boil. Added were corn, shrimp, sausage and potatoes.
Cook it up, put it on a table and watch out!
No need for plates or silverware. Just beer and napkins.
I even tried some crawdads. And the sausage and shrimp were excellent.
Here is Grandma helping to diminish the shrimp population. We stopped counting her intake at about 30.

I took three crawdads home for daughter, who was away at camp, so she could try them.
I was correct in thinking that she would not want to peel them on her own, but she was willing to try them. After all, after peeled, they do look like small shrimp.

After she tried them she said; "Why did you only bring home three?"

"Well," I said, "I didn't know if you would try them or not."

"Well," she said, "Next time bring home five."

No comments:

Post a Comment