Saturday, April 14, 2018

Sepia Saturday contribution for this week - Nope, dad never needed a wheelbarrow.

Let's see; factory, fish, wheelbarrow? Which could we have that may contain one of those?

Sepia Saturday for April 14th.

















My dad never needed a wheelbarrow for his catches.

Never caught more than you see here at one time.

This was probably one of his better days with the fishing pole.

Oh, he tried real hard. Got up early. Tried all the baits all the others were using.

Had the proper attire.

But he just never really ever caught that many.

He didn't care. It was all about being out there and trying.

And being with family.

He loved getting the camper ready, and cooking over the fire or on the camp stove.

This photo my actually be from the last time he went to his favorite river to trout fish.

I really love this picture.






Now my brother on the other hand ( he is on the left ), he had no trouble bringing them in.

Matter of fact, once he got his limit he would usually then work on mine. That was okay, I didn't like to fish anyway.

After mine, he would then work on moms limit.

And then, near the end of the weekend if dad hadn't caught all he was allowed by Sunday afternoon, my brother would finish his limit.

Here he is teaching his kids the art of filling limits.

Both these young gentlemen now have kids of their own.

But so far my brothers knack of catching fish seems to be skipping a couple of generations.

9 comments:

  1. That is a great picture of your dad. He looks happy to have had a day of fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kathy - it's a wonderful picture of your Dad. He looks so happy. Perhaps that's because he caught some fish that day. Or, as you mentioned, it could simply be because he loved the whole scene of fishing and everything that went with it. A pretty good thing, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one and one of my dad in his RAF uniform are my favorites of him.

      Delete
  3. Trout season just opened around here, and a conversation of friends at lunch included that 2 of them had fresh caught trout in their refrigerators at the time. I then thought, these fish have been farm raised and just released into streams in the mountains, so a fresh caught trout is actually farm raised. But I bet they still taste delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They still taste great.

      And if you are lucky, you catch one that has survived out in the wild for a couple of years.

      Delete
  4. Family fishing stories are the best. My dad was a saltwater fisherman but never very successful either. Never had the right bait or it was too cold/hot/dark/light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every one else got in his way, he didn't have his lucky shirt. I know the stories.

      Delete
  5. Great fishing photos and descriptions. Of course fish aren't the only thing you might need a wheelbarrow for :-)

    ReplyDelete