Monday, April 1, 2013

Nepal 1987 - Blast from the past.


Going through some photos the other night, I came across these. 
A number of years ago I had the legs, the money and the opportunity to take a once in a life time trip to Nepal. Ten days of trekking in some remote villages out side of Pokhara, Nepal.
Lots of great memories.
                                                                         
As soon as you get off of your plane you just start going back in time.
The airport was like an airport out of the fifties.You still had power outages in the Katmandu's Hilton.
You couldn't drink the water straight out of the tap.

And the further you got from town the more modern stuff disappeared.

This is Katmandu.






It was in one of the first villages we hiked into after leaving Pokhara that I got what would be one of my favorite photos from the trip.

This village had no electricity, no indoor plumbing and I found this little guy following our group.
His whole outfit probably came from some relief organization; his hoody, his rubber boots.


But I will never forget his tee-shirt.

"Party till you Puke"

No comments:

Post a Comment