Friday, June 12, 2015

Remember when these old book covers steered us into imaginary adventures. . . .

 . . . and then we would go out and try to create adventures of our own?

Yea, me neither. I came along after these books started going out of fashion and television was already taking over our imagination.

But thankfully through my love of Scouting and history I discovered these old books.

Being a big fan of old illustrations these covers and content are just wonderful images.
The colors used and the dramatic tension they captured really invites one into the stories.

Produced in the thousands in the early parts of the last century they are still pretty easy to come by and fairly inexpensive.

I have even started getting girl adventure books for my daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment