Saturday, January 4, 2020

My Sepia Sat. contribution for today. . Smiles

Alan challenged us to find smiles to match the one he posted.

Well, I don't if I did that (it was a pretty good smile), but maybe three will make up some of the difference.

This picture is of my mom (center) with her younger sister and her mother.

Her mom, Eleanor, had lost a leg to illness and this picture looks like the sisters were trying to make her day.

My mom, in the apron, and my dad were living with her mother helping to take care of her.

It jus so happens these are the only two sisters still alive out of five girls and two boys.

5 comments:

  1. What a great photo, capturing so much family love as described in your caption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo of the three smiling women. Those sisters were so full of love in caring for their mother, your grandmother. I'm sure it wasn't always an easy job...and here they are trying to coax a smile from her. Thanks for sharing the family with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great photo for the theme. Spontaneous and natural smiles are usually better than posed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A smile is a smile - whether wide open big, or just grinning. Whichever, it means the same thing! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. What a great photo. I love the movement in it. Your aunt reaching up to her mother. And your grandmother; very Madonna like don't you think? Regal and serene.

    ReplyDelete