Thursday, February 20, 2020

My Sepia Saturday Post for this week.

Sepia sat.

The prompt for me this month means I once again feel left out in family photos.
Should I make it about my hurt feelings or deck chairs.
I should probably explain.

My Mom and Dad, my brother and myself came to America in 1956 aboard the Queen Elizabeth ocean liner. Something I am extremely proud of.
It was towards the end of era of the great liners.

I have kept much of the family stuff from that trip; luggage tags, luggage, postcards, menus, etc.
 We even have some photos.





 You see, my brother has not really ever been bothered to much about keeping family history, and thats okay I guess. The thing that gets me is that while not caring about that kind of stuff, he appears in many more photos of our history than I do.

Look, here he is in a deck chair on the Queen Elizebeth.

 Look, here he is in front of the one of the stacks, allowed to stand by himself.




















And here he is with dad in front of the Statue of Liberty.


Finally! One, small, photo of ME!






















Maybe I should make it about deck chairs.

 My brother in a deck chair.

 Mom and dad in a deck chair.
 A Yorkshire aunt in a deck chair.
 Two Yorkshire aunts and an uncle and cousins in or around deck chairs.
London Aunt and Uncle in deck chairs.























Oh, wait, one of me in a deck chair.

I feel better now.

14 comments:

  1. GREAT POST! I smiled and chuckled the whole way through. My problem with a lot of family photos when I was older is that I was the one very often taking them, so I was often absent IN them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks. That is one of the problems with being behind the camera.

      Delete
  2. You're brother is lucky without your interest in family history the photos of him would probably not have been preserved for future generations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud while scrolling through your brothers' photos, and then the other family members in deck chairs! Well done post...so glad baby you got included at least a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I sure wish there had been more of me on the QE.

      Delete
  4. I'm with Barb. A laugh out loud post and glad you had a happy ending with the last photo! Kudos to you for saving and keeping track of these family photos and who is in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to look at the lighter side of most things. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. A most enjoyable post with lots of deckchairs :) I don't ever remember child size deckchairs from my childhood - they were all the same size with wooden frames.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I glad you got a photo in a deck chair. I love the first photo of your brother here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo! A super post to cover two themes at once. Your brother in the life ring would have been enough, but the full set makes a great story.

    ReplyDelete