Saturday, May 16, 2020

We just don't sit still that long.



Sepia Saturday clue for this week.

 We don't have a whole lot of table sitting pictures in my family. At least from our early days. I hope it is not because we weren't that pleasant to watch once we started eating.

This one and the next are at a local state park. I think I am asleep in the car.

 One shortly after we got to America. I think I still have the table.
Mom and her sister sitting at a table at a local beach.

















We have one of dad (left) standing at a table after getting his helicopter engine certificate.













 Car sitting seemed more popular with us.
Usually at the airport watching planes go by.

Or at rest stops making sure everyone got back to the car.
















 We did sit on the stairs a lot. . . .
and on the ground, usually at cricket matches.


















 By the look at my age in this one, this my have been our first fried chicken dinner in the New World.
Here with cousins.


















We have since made up for by having a family/non-family gathering every Thanksgiving out at the cabin.

8 comments:

  1. Great photos. It's nice to be surrounded by loved ones during the holidays. It looks like you have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures of your family enjoying being together - whether eating or watching planes fly by. :) That's something my family did, but not from our car. At the time the San Francisco airport had an outside deck upstairs where we could to watch planes landing and taking off. As kids, we loved the experience, and watching planes coming in and leaving when we happen to be in airports is still fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were able to park right at the end of the runway.

      Delete
  3. I'd say you definitely needed a head count at the rest stop. We have friends who drove away leaving a child behind. They were an hour down the road before they noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have almost done that on purpose a few times;)

      Delete
  4. Still looks like you had lots of family fun even if you weren’t lolling in the sun.

    ReplyDelete