Friday, August 16, 2013

Another milestone. . . sort of.

I have been the proud owner of a Kegarator
for about eight years now. And although I have used it a bit, it has usually been used more often by friends for various functions at their homes or barns.
It has attend many Super Bowl parties and kayak functions, and just loves making road trips.
Needless to say, I am the least experienced in taking care of it out of everyone who has used it.
So it has usually fallen upon them to clean the lines and maintain it.

It has finally come home for a while now.
And since it is taking up space, I thought I would use it and keep a better beer on tap, and reduce our (my) use of bottles.
It is a two tap type, so by rights I could have two different beers on tap at any given time.
Now, if we ever have a large pool party or somethin' (or my brother comes over), I may do that.
But for now, one small barrel will last me long enough.

Well last night I finally had time to really sit down with the book and my IPAD and really get into learning how to clean the lines and take care of it. I am not one to start something when I am afraid I don't have enough time to follow the whole project through, allowing time for my learning curve and mistakes.



The book (pamphlet) was not of much use, not offering enough details or pictures, plus, I am not the best at learning by reading. Just ask all my teachers.

So out comes the IPAD.
I typed in 'Cleaning Beer lines' and came up with several hits.

The one I used was a link to a You Tube video by Kegworks. It was just what I was needing.
Short, simple and to the point.

It turns out it wasn't so difficult, and it also turns out this small pile of stuff is all you need.



What really helped me was taking the whole system apart and learning how it all works, while also learning I had been missing a few pieces whenever I would connect the lines between tapper and faucet, which sometimes caused small drips and leaks I could not fathom. My bad.

So, now I know how it all works.

So if any of you guys are in the area after the Festival of the Little Hills this weekend, come on by and try a 
on tap.


No comments:

Post a Comment