Monday, March 19, 2012

Most of you know . . . .

how much I love animation, and the process of developing an animated movie. . .
well, when you couple that with my love of the Sherlock Holmes stories. . . , well you can imagine how excited I am to have permission to reproduce the following images from the DVD release of  "Tom and Jerry meet Sherlock Holmes" from Warner Brothers.
I contacted the artist Frederick Gardner and was given permission to reproduce them on my Sherlock Holmes blog and here. Thanks Mr. Gardner.
I know when I help others with their paintings and layout I always stress how important perspective is when making your early layouts. In the following drawings is some fantastic perspective work. I hope you enjoy. . .

Clic on the image to see it a little larger, but go to Frederick's blog to see the full size.
The birds-eye view of London is especially great in full size.












No comments:

Post a Comment