Monday, April 30, 2012

Finally pulled over. . . .

 Since I have been driving down HWY 94 more over the last few years, with our move, I have often told myself I need to pull over and take a picture of this old farmstead.
I finally pulled over and did. On the day I finally did, the owner was out, and give me a little history of the place.
Before the highway was expanded over the last few years, the farm set further back from the main roads and had a gravel drive.
 The barn was built around 1900 and sets on a wonderful stone foundation.
 The well pump is still usable and in fine shape.
The house itself, a wonderful federal style, was built in the 1860's and is well maintained.
They no longer live in the house, having built a new one further back on the property, but they keep it well looked after.

No comments:

Post a Comment