Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cottleville restoration cabin. . .

 I hope it becomes a trend when small towns build new parks. That trend being, placing a restored log building in the park. Either as a museum or, as is the case with this one, restroom/snack place.

Although there have been many a bad job done turning one into usable space, like a restroom, this one was done well. With only two snack machines, and the restroom in an addition on the back, much of the original construction was re-constructed faithfully.
 I love the narrow stairs going to the loft.
 They have also done some nice landscaping around the place.
 With some original prairie grass and native plants.

 Nice porch.
 Daughter caught a fairly nice photo of me, don't you think?















I think I did the same for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment