Thursday, September 16, 2010

Raising the bar, Part Deux

I sent Michael a couple of questions about the ones in the previous post, and not only did I get answers but also more pictures. Check out the composition and values.
Of these and the earlier ones he says, "Most of these little paintings (6x8 and 8x10) have taken about 1.5- 2 hours apiece. I'm always amazed at how long it takes me to do such a small painting. I'll work and work and step back and think, "It doesn't look like I've done anything!" I suspect I'll get a lot faster as I get more confident with the new medium. The night scape of our small town of Salida was done in the studio. Not sure I'd be too good working in the dark."
And he adds, "Here are a few more current pieces. Man, you'd love the character of all the trees here. It's like living in a bonsai forest."

Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment