Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Why do I like bad women?

I never really liked Martha Stewart all that much,. . . .  till she went to jail.

What does that say about me liking "bad women"?

I have to say she gained a lot of respect from me for doing the time.

I think she got a bum-rap, so maybe that has something to do with it. But that may be a discussion for another time.

We (wife) do get her magazine, and we (wife) go through it every month seeing how we can better our pool parties. Or hold the next wedding we plan in the middle of a cow field all the while making it appealing. Or how to turn left over potato peels into spring hats.

 All great ideas.

I can't tell you how many new ways we have learned to fold a napkin.

And I really love the 14 ways you can reuse a cocktail umbrella.

I'm just sayin'. . .

We really love her recipes also and try some of them every once in a while.

So, the July issue featured this image on the cover. . .


which seemed rather serendipitous to the fact that wife had just picked up some heirloom tomatoes from the local CO-OP.

I stopped at the local St Louis Bread Company and picked up the appropriate bread and we had all the makings of a great summer dinner.

We loved how it turned out (even though I added just a touch to much salt) and here are the yummy end results . . .



Our tomatoes were rather larger than the cover photos (yes, there is bread under there), but the three different varieties sure were delicious.


I am going there now to check her scone recipes




No comments:

Post a Comment